BHA Reveals Potential Schedule For May: The BHA revealed two massive weekends of action at the end of May if racing is allowed to re-start. The two weekends will be absolutely mouth-watering for racing fans who haven’t seen any action in the UK since the middle of March.

The provisional plan announced involves:

May 23-24
Pavilion (6f, 3yo, Group 3)
Nell Gwyn (7f, 3yo, f, Group 3)
Craven (1m, 3yo, c&g, Group 3)
Greenham (7f, 3yo, c&g, Group 3)
Fred Darling (1m, 3yo, f, Group 3)
Brigadier Gerard (1m2f, 4+, Group 3)
Conqueror (1m, 4+, f, Listed)
Pinnacle (1m4f, 4+, f, Group 3)
Sagaro (2m, 4+, Group 3)
Aston Park (1m4f, 4+, Group 3)
Paradise Stakes (1m, 4+, Listed)

May 30-31
Lockinge (1m, 4+, Group 1)
Palace House (5½f, 3+, Group 3)
Yorkshire Cup (1m6f, 4+, Group 2)
Dante (1m2f, 3yo, Group 2)
Musidora (1m2f, 3yo, f, Group 3)
Cecil Frail (6f, 3+, f, Listed)
Spring Trophy (7f, 3+, Group 3)
Middleton (1m2f, 4+, f Group 2)

What an incredibly exciting schedule if it is safe to return to racing. That really gives racing fans something to look forward to.

There has been no set venue, and all we can do now is wait for the go ahead from the UK Government. The BHA said: “Under our best-case scenario planning, and subject to advice from public health authorities, the aim is to rescue a number of lost events from the early part of the spring and stage them during the second half of May and early June, if possible.

“It is possible that the races may not be staged at their traditional venues and may need to be hosted at alternative racecourses. Again, this is dependent on wider circumstances, the available fixtures and the public health guidance in place at the time.

“It is also likely that racing will be restricted to domestic runners only, initially at least until May 30, in line with a similar approach taken by other international racing jurisdictions.

“We must emphasise that this provisional plan is based on our best-case scenario and may need to be adjusted according to when and under what circumstances racing is safely able to recommence.”

The BHA also released a plan for the first weekend in June:

2,000 Guineas (1m, 3yo, c&f, Group 1)
1,000 Guineas (1m, 3yo, f, Group 1)
Coronation Cup (1m4f, 4+, Group 1)
Pretty Polly (1m2f, 3yo, f, Listed)
Newmarket Stakes (1m2f, 3yo, c&g, Listed)
Bronte Cup (1m6f, 4+, f, Group 3)