FACTMAN: The best head-to-head facts for Matchday Six of the Champions League.
● Marseille and Tottenham’s only previous meeting in European competition came earlier in this season’s UEFA Champions League, with Spurs winning 2-0 on home soil.
● Marseille are winless in their last nine games against English sides in the UEFA Champions League (D2 L7), with their last such victory coming in December 2010 in a 1-0 win over Chelsea.
● Spurs have played away from home against French sides on six previous occasions in European competition, but have failed to win all six (D4 L2). The only one of these games that came in the UEFA Champions League was in November 2016, in a 2-1 defeat to Monaco
● Bayern Munich and Internazionale have met on eight previous occasions in European competition, with the German side winning half of those meetings (W4 D1 L3). Indeed, they are unbeaten in the three matches in the UEFA Champions League that have taken place in the group stage (W2 D1).
● Internazionale are unbeaten in their previous three away games at Bayern Munich (W2 D1). Indeed, they are the team who have faced the German side away from home on the most occasions without ever losing in European competition.
● Bayern Munich have won each of the last five games when hosting Italian sides in the UEFA Champions League, scoring at least twice in every match (13 in total). Indeed, the last time they failed to win against such opposition was against Internazionale in March 2011 (2-3).
● This will be the eighth meeting between Liverpool and Napoli in European competition, with the Italian side (3) edging the Reds (2) in terms of victories so far (two draws). After their 4-1 win in this season’s reverse fixture, Napoli could beat Liverpool in consecutive games for the first time.
● Napoli have travelled to face Liverpool on three previous occasions in European competition, but have gone winless across all three (D1 L2) – 1-3 in the UEFA Europa League in November 2010, and 0-1 in December 2018 and 1-1 in November 2019 in the UEFA Champions League.
● Liverpool have lost their last two games against Italian sides in the UEFA Champions League, both of which have occurred this year (0-1 v Internazionale in March and 1-4 v Napoli in September). They have never previously lost three games in a row against Italian opposition in the European Cup/UEFA Champions League.
● Bayer Leverkusen and Club Brugge have only met on two previous occasions in European competition, with the Belgian side unbeaten across those meetings – 1-1 in the UEFA Cup in October 2006 and 1-0 in the reverse fixture in this season’s UEFA Champions League.
● Club Brugge have only won one of their previous 15 away games against German sides in European competition (D4 L10), although that lone victory did come in the most recent trip – a 2-1 victory at RB Leipzig in the UEFA Champions League group stage last season.
● Bayer Leverkusen have won both previous occasions when they’ve hosted Belgian opposition in European competition, beating K. Lierse SK in 1997 (1-0) and KRC Genk in 2011 (2-0) – both in the UEFA Champions League.